Main Menu

Cloudy Plastic test

Started by evilmaul, May 03, 2018, 09:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilmaul

hi there,

this is a recent test of a new feature (dynamic tesselation)  in Mudbox (started from a sphere) and I thought why not to give cloudy plastic another try :)  It's really a great material!!
BTW there is no specific meaning to this :P its really just a sketch and nothing more

cheers

NM-92

I wish i could "sketch" like this :P. Looks awesome man.

Esben Oxholm

Wow, looks awesome! Sketch or not.
What kind of settings do you have for the cloudy plastic material if I may ask? I've been struggling to get this 'near-translucent' look myself.

Cheers,

evilmaul

hey guys, thanks for your words! :)

Esben...assuming that the right scale is in place this particular model had a transmittance value of 6mm. And the cloudiness up to .850
it def needs some experimenting with those numbers till satisfactory results are met :)

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: evilmaul on May 04, 2018, 11:57:55 AM
Esben...assuming that the right scale is in place this particular model had a transmittance value of 6mm. And the cloudiness up to .850
it def needs some experimenting with those numbers till satisfactory results are met :)
Okay, cool. Thanks for sharing. Will definitely help.

Will Gibbons

Magnus Skogsfjord

Super nice stuff. Thanks for sharing the material settings too. Could come in handy! Maybe for a new computer though, i think my system would melt with that scene.