Radial brushed metal @7.2

Started by Renderhouse, May 01, 2018, 10:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renderhouse

This seems to be an primitive problem but I`m not finding the perfect solution for radial brushed material at KS7.2.
Esben Oxholm made a great tutorial about that topic for KS6.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NunNYKQktA
Since KS7 you can orientate textures through the mapping type and for cylindrical parts it would be "cylinder".
To have the outer cylinder brushing correct I would set the UV-angle to 90°. But the the "flat" head has the brush marks oriented towards the center an not radial.

INNEO_MWo

Hello Renderhouse.

The material type Esben used in his tutorial is anisotropic (or Anisitrop in german UI). The roughness type has to be changed to radial to cause the effect.

The procedural texture in your second is brushed (gebürstet) but you need brushed radial (gebürstet radial).

Tomorrow I can upload an example if needed.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Marco

Renderhouse

Thanks Marco for your reply.
I hope I understood what you mean. The problem with using brushed radial (gebürstet radial) is, that you always have to orient it manually (see the picture below), by picking visualy the center and move it to the perfect center. To be able to orient it by cylinder and axis would be nice.
I thought that the same what Esben did in the tutorial was now possible with brushed (gebürstet).
That would speed up the process when I have to apply this to several parts.

INNEO_MWo

Hello Renderhouse.

Here is an example with nearly the same material setting Esben's using in his tutorial (as I remember - watched it a Long tie ago).

The radial brushed texture orient to the y axis and is centered automatically if you use the option "centered to" (Zentriert auf - Modell oder Bauteil)

Hope that helps

Cheers
Marco

Renderhouse

Hello Marco. Thanks for you reply.
I can't find this function which you described: "The radial brushed texture orient to the y axis and is centered automatically if you use the option "centered to" (Zentriert auf - Modell oder Bauteil)".
The roughness type I always changed to radial to cause that effect

INNEO_MWo