Render incredibly slow

Started by ivolizette, May 24, 2018, 02:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivolizette

I am currently using the student version of Keyshot 7.3 on a Macbook air. Some time ago I was able to render 1280x720 in under 20 minutes, now it is taking up to 2 hours. It is really frustrating because I am trying to learn and it is simply impossible to work with. The real time window is also extremely slow so I must always work in the performance mode. Last week in class I tried to render a 3 second animation and it took 4 days to complete.

Any suggestions?

thanks!

mattjgerard

It all depends on the scene and what you are trying to render.

Are you saying the same scene is now taking much longer to render, or is this a different project? We will need more detail to help figure out what is going on.

gurmukhb

This is happening to me too.  I just replied to another thread about the same issue, but renders that used to take me 20 mins are now taking multiple hours.  I think something happened after a windows 10 update a few weeks ago, because everything was working perfectly fine in April.  I am not sure what changed, but it seems like many people are having the same issue and even some that I talked to at Render World said the same thing.  Anyway this can be looked into? 

DriesV

@ivolizette

Are you by any chance using (a lot of) Area Lights?

Would you be able to share your scene?
You can send data securely via our WeTransfer. Send to dries-at-luxion-dot-com.

Dries