Main Menu

Splash Ring

Started by Pouya Hosseinzadeh, May 30, 2018, 01:16:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pouya Hosseinzadeh

Hi everyone,

last week the results of the International IDA Design Awards were announced and I am honored to be selected in Accessory & Jewelry category as 3rd place and get 2 Bronze Prize.

In this project, it has been attempted to highlight the importance of water with a single Baroque pearl, extracted from the Persian Gulf with a special cut. A pearl that inspired a drop of water enhances the purity and perfection of this ring.
The form of the rings is inspired by a splash of water drop. The drop is dancing on a surface similar to that from the with a special cut of Pearl.

Modeling :
After countless sketches by hand, the design and modeling has been generated through RealFlow / Zbrush / Rhino. After simulation of water drop splash in RealFlow, in the next step, I've imported the output of this software into the ZBrush.

Rendering :
All lightings has been done using HDRI Editor along with some physical lighting
and the final output has improved with Photoshop that some renders, are the montage and combination of KeyShot output on the background.

Hope you like it.

NM-92

Nice concept. I like the one sitting on the tree the most. It has a better contrast than the others.

Pouya Hosseinzadeh

Quote from: NM-92 on May 30, 2018, 04:43:14 AM
Nice concept. I like the one sitting on the tree the most. It has a better contrast than the others.
Much appreciate it Nico! I agree with your opinion!  Yes, I like that!

Magnus Skogsfjord

I gotta say I love the seashell render. A lot of life in it. And as Nico says the contrast of the tree is also a nice one!

Pouya Hosseinzadeh

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on June 05, 2018, 04:28:06 AM
I gotta say I love the seashell render. A lot of life in it. And as Nico says the contrast of the tree is also a nice one!
I am very grateful for your kindly words Magnus. I'm glad you liked it!

Pouya Hosseinzadeh

Finema

fa2020

Nice looking shots.
In the forth shot, did you use mega scan textures for the tree? Is the tree a 3D model?
What was the render method? Advanced control, maximum samples or maximum time?
How long did it take to render each shot?

Pouya Hosseinzadeh

Quote from: Finema on June 09, 2018, 08:26:12 AM
Joli ! ;)
Appreciate it Finema !
Quote from: fa2020 on June 10, 2018, 05:11:22 AM
Nice looking shots.
In the forth shot, did you use mega scan textures for the tree? Is the tree a 3D model?
What was the render method? Advanced control, maximum samples or maximum time?
How long did it take to render each shot?
Tnx alot. I just used solid image and I've got the final output using the Maximum Sample Option. Except for the software setup, the output and finalization of it may take less than 20 minutes.