Rearranging UI in Keyshot Viewer

Started by caleb.inman, June 14, 2018, 09:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caleb.inman

Hello Luxion,

I am developing several Keyshot Viewer experiences for use on a 98" touch screen.  This screen is massive and due to the current layout of Keyshot Viewer I find myself stepping across the screen in front of the display constantly to access the orbit, pan, and zoom controls.  I normally stand to the left side of the screen, near the model options (since I don't work with many material options) but the interactive buttons are on the opposite side of the screen.

I have worked a bit with the style sheet to change the size and color of the UI elements, but is there a way to rearrange the positions of the elements themselves?  Perhaps create a script that moves the UI around?  I'd really like to have the orbit, pan, and zoom options on the left next to the studio options.

Thank you for your help.  Keyshot Viewer is going to be a very effective tool for my company.
-Caleb

DMerz III

Whew, I envy your project budget.

98-inch touch-screen?!

In all seriousness, that is an interesting idea, it would be nice to have that flexibility.

mattjgerard

I need a 98# touch screen to display my family calendar at home its so busy :)

If you have a current maintenence contract with Luxion for Keyshot you may be able to get onto the Beta test team for Keyshot 8, and they are making some major upgrades to the Viewer UI experience. Not sure exactly what they are, but that would be one way to find out. Also email support@luxion.com directly , they are usually really good at getting back to you.

caleb.inman

Quote from: mattjgerard on June 15, 2018, 07:18:59 AM
I need a 98# touch screen to display my family calendar at home its so busy :)

If you have a current maintenence contract with Luxion for Keyshot you may be able to get onto the Beta test team for Keyshot 8, and they are making some major upgrades to the Viewer UI experience. Not sure exactly what they are, but that would be one way to find out. Also email support@luxion.com directly , they are usually really good at getting back to you.

Thank you, Matt.  I'll send support an email.  I would definitely enjoy being part of the Keyshot 8 test team.  There are so many great possibilities with Viewer!