Ability to reorder Scene Tree and rename

Started by Speedster, July 21, 2011, 01:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

It would be nice to be able to reorder models in the Scene Tree, hopefully by dragging.  I just finished a large render project for a client, where I had a number of parts, all imported from the main assembly, that I had to show in a sequence to demonstrate the motion.  I did not import (from SolidWorks) individual parts- instead I brought in the main assembly, then went back to SW and suppressed all but what I wanted for the next image in sequence, and imported, and on and on.  That way all were in place.  All is fine, but of course they all had the same Tree name, but in KS, a number after it.  Of course, they changed the sequence on me, so remembering the new sequence(s) was a hassle.

Anyway, drag reordering would be cool.  As would the ability to rename, as many client projects are only known as a part number, not a name.  So C0056443 could be renamed "nose cone", for example.

Bill G

guest84672

Renaming will be a feature in KeyShot 3. We will think about reordering.

Robb63

Reordering would be great if it can be implemented as my file tree in Keyshot is never the same as when I'm working in Rhino which messes with my brain when I have layers to switch on and off for different renderings