Continuesly blinking light source ['strobo' effect animation]

Started by Oskar_K, June 26, 2018, 06:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oskar_K

Hello everyone,

Is there any option to achieve the continues blinking light effect by using Keyshot? I need to perform kind of stroboscope effect but so far the only method I found was to use color animation node as an input to the area light material. Unfortunately, the frequency of blinking depends on the manual color changing adjustment and definately is not fast enough to get the blinking stroboscope effect.

Does anyone have any idea how to deal with it? Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Oskar

INNEO_MWo

Hello Oskar.

Do you ever tried to use a surface as a mask to block the light from to source and the object? If that mask has has gaps were the light can pass you'll see that on the object. So if the mask would spin, you should get the effect like a strobo. And the rotation speed would define the frequency.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Marco

Oskar_K

Thank you very much, what a brilliant idea! Although implementing that was not easy, I did as you recommended and it worked more than very well. Thank you once again.

INNEO_MWo

Glad that I can help.
May you share your result or any scene for other users?

Cheers
Marco

Oskar_K

Please see the preview video attached below.

I moddified your idea and used just one another plane with looped linear movement. It was animated in Blender using animation nodes add-on and then imported into Keyshot via alembic file.