Net material?

Started by solodesign, March 29, 2011, 07:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solodesign

Tried on a friend' s upgraded KeyShot 2.2.65: mesh material isn' t there and general material trick with tiff + alpha channel doesn' t seem to work anymore.
Neither achieved to import your mesh.bip file.
Anyway, seems good enough just placing and repeat a tiff + alpha channel label over an X.Ray material.

Marco

KeyShot

It should still work as before. Do you have an example bip that shows the issue? If you send it to support@luxion.com then we will take a look at it.

-- Henrik

rkulshrestha

You cant import the mesh.bip.
Just download it and save it in the Keyshot>materials file, then it should show up in your materials dialog box.
Shivani

solodesign

OK, here I am again.
Lately I couldn' t achieve to make any net/mesh material work, so I followed the Tvanryn tutorial in this topic:
http://keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=1349.msg4751#msg4751
to make a PNG file with transparent background.
As you will see in the image attached, I tryed to apply the same map as we did in the beginning of this topic (the result is what you see in foreground) and as a label (the result is in the background.
The map I used is in the zip file.
Basically looks like it works both ways, but I can' t understand why it gives me that mapping error in the foreground.

Does anybody know what is it due to?
Is there a way to manage that so to have a homogeneous mapping as if I load it as a label?

Marco

solodesign

guest84672

Just responded to your other post.

ququ

I have downloaded the mesh material .when I add it ,it all right .But there is something wrong with it  ,when I use it in ks2.2.3.
The fist one is in ks2.2.3 the second one is in hypershot  Anyone can solve this problem

guest84672

Looks like you are missing the textures.

ququ

I haven t use any textures. I just use the material called mesh. It is all right in hypershot ,but there is something wrong when I use it in ks2.2.3  just like the picture one

solodesign

Did you try every solution we posted in this topic?
Did you check the texture modulate option when you assigned the map?
Did you use the general material?

Marco

ququ

The other solutions are very useful  .I just want to ask that is the hypershot material still useful in keyshot 2.2.3?Is Keyshot able to "read" them?Is it needed to convert them?I found the type of material in ks is MTL.Thank you .

solodesign

I don' t know anything about that, but should be some other topic about that.
Try searching in earlier discussions.

Marco