Main Menu

Embed Labels

Started by ieatfish, May 16, 2018, 09:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ieatfish

It would be great it we could embed the labels into the bip file. Similar to Adobe InDesign or Illustrator, being able to embed labels would save a lot of headache with packaging and unpackaging when i only need a label or two in a scene.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: ieatfish on May 16, 2018, 09:58:36 AM
It would be great it we could embed the labels into the bip file. Similar to Adobe InDesign or Illustrator, being able to embed labels would save a lot of headache with packaging and unpackaging when i only need a label or two in a scene.

Forgive me if you already know this, but saving as package, i.e. KSP does exactly this. It gathers all your images/links and puts them into a compressed folder so you can share it across computers.

mattjgerard

and you can unzip that folder package and pull the labels you need, or do what we do and create a folder inthe texture library for all our labels. On hand all the time to all artists. Same with HDRI's, materials, product colors, etc.

ieatfish

Quote from: Will Gibbons on June 18, 2018, 02:18:22 PM
Forgive me if you already know this, but saving as package, i.e. KSP does exactly this. It gathers all your images/links and puts them into a compressed folder so you can share it across computers.

Quote from: mattjgerard on June 19, 2018, 04:43:17 AM
and you can unzip that folder package and pull the labels you need, or do what we do and create a folder inthe texture library for all our labels. On hand all the time to all artists. Same with HDRI's, materials, product colors, etc.

Thanks guys. I do use packages but when the only thing I need in the package is the labels, it can be a hassle to unzip it every time and resave it as a package when I'm finished. I'll have to just keep doing that.

Will Gibbons

Another solution that I do personally to avoid this is to have a single textures folder on your machine in which you never remove the textures. That way the link is never broken.

CarlosFerreira

How do you relink broken labels without manually reapplying them if you accidentally moved or renamed the folder with all your textures?

Will Gibbons

You can restore (put the labels/textures/folders) back to where they were when you created the .bip file and open the keyshot file again. It should see the textures and load just fine. Then you can save it as a .ksp and delete the unused textures at that point.