Main Menu

Render presets!

Started by PeterSwift, July 10, 2018, 08:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterSwift

I wish you could do render presents. For all render settings. Render type. Sample, Resolution, Filetype, all the checkboxes.
For example. I have a specific setting for my final outout. PSD, transparent, .Clownpass,labelpass, 200samples etc.
Quite often I need to do test renders, or just render a fix. That render will just be in .PNG, without any labels etc.
I wish I could just toggle between 2 profiles doing this.
Both for speed but also to avoid mistakes then you don't need to change it manually.
The presets can be saved, but also locked. Could possibly be a local feature for a general personal render preset that is used for all your files but probably the best would to include it into the .bip file. or do both so you never need to redo it.

+ extra wish
Make studios, multi selectable so you can multi delete.

ieatfish

This would be really nice.

Will Gibbons

INNEO_MWo

I am not quite sure, but this could be solved via script.
Dries published a script in the KeyShot blog to render many parts in different ways. Just look into the blog and watch for a preview showing toy train wagons.

So you can use KeyShot regularly and instead of set your render settings just start the right script.

Good luck!

Cheers
Marco

PerFotoVDB

DriesV

Good suggestions. Makes sense.

Dries

DMerz III

:)

+6 on this, including myself and all the members of my immediate team.

Esben Oxholm

Yeah, that is a pretty neat idea!

Rex

Studios can now be multi-selected and deleted.

As for the render presets, we've been tossing around a similar idea. Basically an "Output Pack" that will let you define any number output types and their settings to use across projects.