Why are all my textures white?

Started by letmein, July 18, 2018, 05:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

letmein

All my texures in .tga show up white inside keyshot. they work fine in blender.

mattjgerard

I have hundreds of models and projects that I pull from 3dsmax and Final Render  into Keyshot that are all targa texture maps. Sometimes they work, most of the time they are just a pain so I go through and save them out as PNG's and life is good again. Targa is a very old format, support for it is waning as it veers towards its retirement.

letmein

welp time to convert all my 1000s of textures

mattjgerard

before you go and do that, some testing would be in order.

1) Fresh KS project, plain cube and start mapping some tga files and see what happens.

2) Open TGA in photoshop and just resave it, same filename, same filetype. Not sure if KS reads the thumbnails in the targa files, but this should recreate them, and then they might show? Don't know just guessing.

3) If you have to, test and see if there is a way to automatically remap the textures. I have a feeling that if you replace texture.tga with texture.png KS wont match the filenames since the extension is different. There might be a way to trick it, but I don't know what that would be off the top of my head.

4) If you have to convert them all, you should be able to automate it through photoshop or something. Click go and walk away for a  while.

Good luck!