Custom paint colors

Started by swebb4069, August 07, 2018, 05:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swebb4069

How can I create my companies yellow paint color from the numbers attached in the picture?

Furniture_Guy

I am not familiar with that color model. Any way to get the equivalent RGB, LAB, HSV or CMYK values?

Perry (Furniture_Guy)

mattjgerard

There should be a pantone equivalent, I know our yellow plastic was sent to pantone to get the actual color info for manufacturing references. Our yellows would come back all sorts of shades depending on the injection molding machine, temps they used and color vendors. Now we just say we don't care what they use, it needs to refelct this pantone color at the end. Let them figure it out :)

You will probably have to contact the vendor for pantone or other equivalents. Those tint numbers don't seem to mean much.

mattjgerard

Heh, actually those D- tint numbers are Axalta Imron Coating tint numbers. Keyshot works a lot with Axalta, and they might have KS materials made for some of those, but not the combination from what I can tell. Get a hold of Axalta tech support and see what they say.

http://www.axaltacs.com/content/dam/NA/HQ/Public/GeneralIndustrial/GeneralIndustrial-Rebrand/Documents/Imron%20Tints%20Color%20Guide.pdf

soren

If you happen to have a color meter, you can measure the color and enter the measured Lab-value along with the measurement conditions in the material graph menu: Material -> New Measured Paint. That would be the most accurate method.

The color you achieve when mixing paints depends on the spectral physical properties of the individual paints used, so it is not easily derivable. Measurement is almost certainly more accurate.
Søren

mattjgerard

Bruce Wright  BruceWright@XRITE.com

Email this guy, he was the rep from XRITE and they were at renderworld with their  TAC color and surface scanner. If you have a flat sample, you can send it to him and get a keyshot material back. Or at least the physical measurements to help build one yourself. He's been sending me emails of offers to scan some stuff, so get a hold of him and see what he can do for you.