Main Menu

GrabCAD

Started by Robert V., July 30, 2011, 12:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert V.

Hi keyshot team,

A lot of people at grabcad are using keyshot to render their awesome shots. Bunkspeed started a counter offensive, and started to render models (models they like I guess). This is a very smart move. I think that creating a keyshot account on grabcad, could really help sell more. Maybe not start with rendering models from grabcad members, but what about giving tips about keyshot renders grabcad members already made?

This would inspire a lot of grabcad members who use a different render engine (like photoview, bunkspeed, etc).

An example of what bunkspeed did, notice that my own created renders (with keyshot!) looks far better than the bunkspeed one: (the bunkspeed render is the third (dark) one)
http://grabcad.com/library/apple-macbook-2011

guest84672

We have a great relationship with the GrabCAD guys, and have partnered with them on several occasions. The GrabCAD-team themselves is using KeyShot.

I like your suggestion, though.

Ed

"... my own created renders (with keyshot!) look far better"

About a year ago I rendered a couple of my jewelry models in KeyShot and two other popular trial render programs (hint: they both use the GPU).  I did my best effort on each of the three and made the scene, the lighting and materials as identical as possible.  Then I did a Pepsi taste test - showed the three renders to folks and asked them to pick the best.  KeyShot was the clear winner.

Ed

trice1

Quote from: PredatorKS on July 30, 2011, 12:35:52 AM
Hi keyshot team,

A lot of people at grabcad are using keyshot to render their awesome shots.

>>>Not that any of my renders on grabcad are awesome but a few people did say they liked them. I was not aware that I could be helping promote Keyshot. What is the correct way to do this? Once I uploaded the .bip file with a model and identified it as a native Keyshot file. Sometimes I leave a comment that Keyshot was used to render something. Sometimes I forget to do this. I guess they would not know what renderer was used unless you tell them.

Robert V.

Hi Trice1,

Saying you used keyshot could help a lot I guess. Guess I can do that as well.

guest84672

Yes, that would be awesome. It is much more meaningful coming from you guys than us. I like Robert V's idea on commenting on the renderings.

Speedster

Thomas, what's the Luxion policy of allowing us to place the KeyShot logo (in Photoshop or in a bip)on an image as a credit?  I always credit SolidWorks and KeyShot whenever possible, without the logo, but what's the official position?
Bill G

guest84672

Just make sure you use the official KeyShot logo found here:

http://keyshot.com/pr/