Organize/re-arrange Favorites

Started by theAVator, August 08, 2018, 09:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theAVator

Sounds like a simple one, but I think being able to re-organize the order of materials/textures/etc in your favorites would be great. Right now you have to add the favorites to the folder in the order you want them to be displayed. Forget something and you either have to delete everything out and re-add or just live with scrolling down to the bottom for that 1 item you forgot.

Also, being able to rename the (sub)folders in favorites and use for multiple types of favorites. i.e. right now you can create a favorite folder, which, in turn contains subfolders for materials, textures, enviros, backplates. It would be nice if I could just rename and use the folders for anything I wanted. For instance: if I wanted a favorites folder to contain a subfolder with a certain grouping of materials, and a second subfolder with a different set of materials, and a third with yet a different set of materials, and no folder for enviros/backplates/colors. Otherwise it just seems like a bunch of empty folders you may have to sort through if you don't use anything except for the materials.

INNEO_MWo

I did a quick test in the current version 7.3.40. (and maybe I am wrong, 'cause working with favs isn't my fav)

The keyshot7settings.xml contains the path of the favs. The favs are organized/defined as xml-files, sorted by (file)name. Renaming the files has no effect to the refresh feature in the fav tab (library) - but a restart does!
This quick test doesn't show any solution for subfolders in the fav hierarchy.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Marco