Can't non-uniform scale pins? Keyshot 7

Started by belozey, August 03, 2018, 10:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

belozey

I'm very surprised Keyshot has yet to allow it's users to non-uniform scale pins. I have a lot of experience using HDR Light Studio, even with previous versions of Keyshot (now this is blocked with K7), and this is a staple. Non-uniform scaling pins seems to be such a simple thing that has been left out. I non-uniform scale lights in every scene I light(automotive work). Are there plans to add this feature? Or is there a good workaround as of now?

mattjgerard

The rectangular pins can be scaled separately in the X-Y directions, just need to twirl down the scale twirly thing. The Circular pins can't be shaped as far as I know.

bdesign

To add to what Matt said, if the Falloff type for a rectangular pin is set to Linear or Quadratic, it will produce a near circular shape (especially Linear falloff) which can then be manipulated with the X and Y scales to create ellipsoidal shapes. Also, you can use the Half option for further variations.

Cheers,
Eric

INNEO_MWo

Quote from: bdesign on August 03, 2018, 02:08:30 PM
To add to what Matt said, if the Falloff type for a rectangular pin is set to Linear or Quadratic, it will produce a near circular shape (especially Linear falloff) which can then be manipulated with the X and Y scales to create ellipsoidal shapes. Also, you can use the Half option for further variations.

Cheers,
Eric

Amazing Eric answers KeyShot 7 questions as KS6 user!
Awesome (sorry)

bdesign

belozey

Thanks everyone. I honestly didn't see that the rectangular lights allowed for x & y scaling. It still seems odd that the round pins don't also have this function, but at least I have decent workaround.

INNEO_MWo

Quote from: belozey on August 06, 2018, 08:34:38 AM
... I have decent workaround.

That is interesting.
Can share any specific Infos, an example, a rendering or screenshot?

Thanks in advance