Animation zoom

Started by PSMFlor, August 08, 2018, 04:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PSMFlor

Hi Guys,

So I want to make a XR animation for a certain lighting system. I really like the XR example on the site and I want to make something similar. But unfortunatly I can't figure out how to zoom IN (and OUT). Is it in the Path Function? Or do I need to add an other animation running parallel to the path animation?

In the path I have a camera controil point closer to the object but when playing the animation I don't get a zoomed in view. Same goes when I add camera zoom or Dolly animation. I don't get the feeling i get closer to the object.

All help would welcome. or someone with an example where I can learn off, even better.

Kind regards,

Flor

Eric Summers

Hi Flor,

To start, make sure when you start the XR Wizard to pick 'Animation' for your mode.

For the zoom, I'm going to assume you are orbiting around a part just for the sake of simplicity. Pick the time you want it to zoom in (or out) and add a 'Camera Zoom'. Make sure the difference between the start and end focal lengths are different enough to see a zoom effect. If you want to do a dolly, make sure the distance is large enough to see the movement. For either option an easy way to zoom in and then back out is to right click on the zoom animation in the timeline and pick 'Mirror'. Then you can drag that to wherever you want in the timeline.

Hope this helps!
-Eric