Welding - With textures & Tutorial

Started by Magnus Skogsfjord, August 09, 2018, 05:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Summers

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on August 13, 2018, 09:53:10 AM

Cheers Eric! I appreciate it :)

I also greatly appreciate your feedback. Awesome that it works with SolidWorks as well, although it's strange that it only works in NURBS render mode for you, as it works in regular mode for me. Another thing that's strange is that I couldn't get it to work if I used the NX plugin to export it to KeyShot, but it works like a charm if I boot KeyShot as usual and import the necessary geometry.  Did you use the SolidWorks plugin for export/import?

Yes, I did use the plugin to send to KeyShot. That is odd that the plugin didn't work for NX.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Eric Summers on August 13, 2018, 11:07:40 AM
Yes, I did use the plugin to send to KeyShot. That is odd that the plugin didn't work for NX.
Aha! I wouldn't be surprised, if you boot KeyShot separately, and import your geometry in the old fashioned way, it would work even when not in NURBS render mode. Just guessing though.

Eric Summers

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on August 13, 2018, 11:24:50 AM
Aha! I wouldn't be surprised, if you boot KeyShot separately, and import your geometry in the old fashioned way, it would work even when not in NURBS render mode. Just guessing though.

You are correct! I just tried it and it UV mapped without NURBS on.

Danthedesigner

Really great work Magnus! Thank you for your contribution to expanding my keyshot knowledge.  ;D

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Eric Summers on August 13, 2018, 11:58:19 AM
You are correct! I just tried it and it UV mapped without NURBS on.
Awesome, glad to hear my suspicions were right. Thanks for testing! :)

Quote from: Danthedesigner on August 13, 2018, 12:32:21 PM
Really great work Magnus! Thank you for your contribution to expanding my keyshot knowledge.  ;D
You're quite welcome Dan! Glad to hear it!

Pouya Hosseinzadeh

Very professionally done Magnus! I really liked your explaining method! and you've got some interesting work there!