Animation work area

Started by PeterSwift, August 16, 2018, 03:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterSwift

Sending out a package animation to a renderfarm. I have put in my work area i want rendered. He opens it. And the work area is changed. Very strange.
Lucky we saw the bug.

If i open the packaged file the work area is still correct.

renderfarm in Windows.

I work in up to date MacOS.
keyshot 7 up to date.

mattjgerard

does it change in the render settings or just the live view display?

PeterSwift

Quote from: mattjgerard on August 16, 2018, 05:48:31 AM
does it change in the render settings or just the live view display?

The work area in the live view was different as well was it in the render settings windows.
It kinda looked like a previous work area I had earlier, So I don't know if that info is stored in some way and it got it mixed up. Quite strange

mattjgerard

By work area are do you mean the pixel dimensions of the live view window or the size of the image set in the render settings?

Or do you mean the workspace layout of all our windows and pallets?

The Live view window usually will resize to fit the availalable space unless you specifiy a smaller size. So, if you set your LV window to be 800x800 and the other person has a 4k screen with more space, thiers might default to a larger LV window size, like 1300x1300.

Now, if youa re talking about the pixel dimension size in the render settings, and that changed from when you saved it, that is strange, in all my files I think it usually resets to the size that was saved. I have some files that render out at 2500x2500 and others 3400x2400, and it usually remembers that.

Odd.

PeterSwift

Quote from: mattjgerard on August 16, 2018, 07:06:01 AM
By work area are do you mean the pixel dimensions of the live view window or the size of the image set in the render settings?

Or do you mean the workspace layout of all our windows and pallets?

The Live view window usually will resize to fit the availalable space unless you specifiy a smaller size. So, if you set your LV window to be 800x800 and the other person has a 4k screen with more space, thiers might default to a larger LV window size, like 1300x1300.

Now, if youa re talking about the pixel dimension size in the render settings, and that changed from when you saved it, that is strange, in all my files I think it usually resets to the size that was saved. I have some files that render out at 2500x2500 and others 3400x2400, and it usually remembers that.

Odd.

No I'm talking about the Animation work area,  staring frame, end frame.