Product "photos" for laboratory automation devices

Started by ukindler, August 01, 2011, 01:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukindler

Hello,

I would like to say a big thank you to the whole KeyShot team for this great piece of software. Today we launched our new company website and almost all product "photos" are rendered with KeyShot. You can see the results here:

http://www.cetoni.de/products.html

All the construction work was done by our mechanical engineers in Autodesk Inventor. I imported the models into KeyShot and created all pictures for our website. Here are some examples:

Ed

Those are great.  Sometimes these types of renders of small machinery and instrumentation can have that "CAD" look if not set up correctly, but these are very convincing.  Just the right amount of DOF.

KeyShot is the perfect tool for web product shots.  I've even posted and sold new "products" before machining the prototype!

Ed

guest84672

ukindler

Hi Ed,

yes, this is also the way we use KeyShot. We often do the product "photos" for the web, the marketing flyers and the manuals before machining the prototype.
All our product flyers are made with KeyShot images and also in our manuals we use KeyShot images - simply because it is so damn easy and fast to create them:

http://www.cetoni.de/englisch/service/downloads_flyer.html
http://www.cetoni.de/englisch/service/downloads_manuals.html

To give our web product pages and our product flyers a consistent look we decided not to mix real photos and KeyShot renderings and so we completely use KeyShot rendering for all product pictures.

Uwe

Tiho Ramovic

guest84672

Very impressive! Any ideas on how much time and money this saved you by going the "all digital" route?

Thanks,
Thomas

Speedster

It's great to see these stunning product images- they are actually more difficult than it appears, and again, KeyShot leads the pack and makes it easy.  Thanks so much for sharing them!

I only use KS renderings now with my medical device clients.  I never, or seldom, show them screenshots, except with fellow design team members.

It's part of the "virtual prototyping" and visualization process.  I call it the "As seen on TV" syndrome.  For some reason, when the client, usually marketing and upper management, sees the design on the monitor, it becomes "real".  Also, KS renderings also allows us as designers to see the flow of shape and contour of surfaces during the process.

Also, a huge plus for KS renderings is when it gets down to colors.  I just finished a year-long design project for a new medical device, and, using renders, my client was able to easily visualize three different color schemes and make the cut in time for molding and pad-printing.  They even chose the Pantone references directly from high-resolution images I printed out on my Epson 4880.

Bottom line, at least for me.  KeyShot is a huge addition to our toolbox and pipeline in the product development process.  I call it "Product Realization".  Every image on my website was rendered in KeyShot.

As my uncle used to say, "You guys done good"!

Bill G
www.GouldStudios.com

guest84672

ukindler

Hi Thomas,

that is really hard to say how much money we saved by going the "all digital" route but I would estimate minimum 10.000 Euro. It is not only the money you save for a professional product photographer (if you find a good one) but it is mainly the time you save because KeyShot is so damn fast.

Because all our products have some kind of corporate design, we can reuse a fixed set of materials all the time (stainless steel, anodized aluminium, glass, rubber, blue paint, white paint and a little bit more). If you have such a ready setup library of materials, it is a matter of minutes to setup the model properly with all materials - so you are very fast and can safe time and money.

Normally we setup the whole models and the views during our normal work time. Then short before the end of workday we open up multiple instances of KeyShot (the number of instances depends on model complexity and image size but 9 -16 instances are common) and let the realtime renderer do the work through the night.

Another real nice thing about KeyShot is that you can render the images in the aspect ratio of the final image. E.g. all the "sliders" on our homepage have a size of 703 x 260 pixels (only the web developer knows why). If you shot the photos with a camera, then you do not have this aspect ratio. That means, in KeyShot you can see very early how the finally image will look like for a certain image size. E.g. the header images for our flyers have size of 1500 x 348 pixels (http://www.cetoni.de/fileadmin/user_upload/Documents/Flyer_HighPressurePump_neMESYS_HP_englisch.pdf). In KeyShot you can easily setup the model and the camera for exactly this image size to get the best results out of KeyShot.

So I have to admit - I love this tool.

guest84672

You are bringing up great points - in particular the one about the actual image size. Actually never thought of that.

And as we all know - time = money!

feher

Some of the best images I've seen !
Thanks for sharing.
It's amazing what Keyshot can do.
Tim

Chad Holton

Good stuff!
Your website is laid out nicely too.  :)

ukindler

Thank you for the positive feedback - KeyShot rocks!!!  :)

Nero7

Great shots, and the 3D models looks great too.

hesamg59