Raw Passes From Keyshot

Started by netlander, August 22, 2018, 02:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

netlander

Hi All,

Is there currently a possibility to get raw passes, like raw light and raw shadows, from Keyshot? and if not are there plans to add these passes in future? What about light select passes ( a la VRay)?

Eugen Fetsch

+1 for light passes

The only passes you can get are the passes you see in the render option prompt. If you render you those passes as EXR or 32 Bit PSD you'll have the full available gamma space like RAW images from cameras.

netlander

It was a rhetorical question really, but I thought maybe someone could suggest a way of getting  them from a compositing tool and I tried myself to divide lighting by diffuse in Nuke, for instance, to get raw light but the passes are not very accurate even in 32bit exr, unlike v-ray where the math is spot on.

Will Gibbons

I don't think it's a question of math accuracy, as it sounds like you're used to a specific procedure laid out by another software (maybe I'm wrong?). KeyShot's passes may behave differently than what you're used to. They're meant to be useful when combined with blending modes to isolate certain parts of each image.