A few of my Keyshot 8 beta test renders

Started by LM6, August 26, 2018, 04:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM6

I assume we can post in this forum now that social media has been cleared :)

Here is how ive been using the new features in Keyshot 8

Once Keyshot 8 is fully released I will be making a few tutorials, so if anyone is interested in this type of thing let me know or follow me on Instagram.

Cheers

Peter

RRIS

Surprised you're not getting more comments here, looks really cool.

I was going to ask what you were testing within each render, but I found it on your Instagram. :)
I like the middle image the best, cool use of displacement and self emitting materials.

Josh3D

Just love these Peter. Plastered up and cycling on my desktop.

LM6

Quote from: RRIS on August 29, 2018, 05:49:38 AM
Surprised you're not getting more comments here, looks really cool.

I was going to ask what you were testing within each render, but I found it on your Instagram. :)
I like the middle image the best, cool use of displacement and self emitting materials.

Thanks but don't be surprised, Keyshot is not really known for these type of images  :)

LM6

Eric Summers

Quote from: LM6 on August 30, 2018, 02:47:21 AM
Thanks but don't be surprised, Keyshot is not really known for these type of images  :)

Perhaps that will start to change with the new features in KS8. These are all great, I really like this style!

LM6

Quote from: Eric Summers on August 30, 2018, 06:55:32 AM
Quote from: LM6 on August 30, 2018, 02:47:21 AM

Perhaps that will start to change with the new features in KS8. These are all great, I really like this style!

Cheers Eric

LM6

How about this one, was rendered in KS8 but didn't really use any of its new features, was trying scatter but I couldn't get it to look right.

cjwidd

In the third image, what is the base geometry? For example, is that a single plane displaced by a single texture with a variety of emissive masks / labels?

SebastianG

Really nice renderings!
Are you sure you used KeyShot 8?

Looks more like KeyShot 9  :D

LM6

Quote from: cjwidd on August 31, 2018, 02:49:59 AM
In the third image, what is the base geometry? For example, is that a single plane displaced by a single texture with a variety of emissive masks / labels?

Hi , Yes thats exactly what it is  :) there is also a lot post to get the atmosphere effects, glows..etc

LM6

Quote from: SebastianG on August 31, 2018, 04:02:12 AM
Really nice renderings!
Are you sure you used KeyShot 8?

Looks more like KeyShot 9  :D

Haha thank you  :)