SketchUp plugin won't load

Started by chippwalters, August 04, 2011, 01:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chippwalters

After I installed the KeyShot plugin for SketchUp, then launch SketchUp, I get the following error:

Error Loading File C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/KeyShotExporter/keyShotExporter.rb
126: The specified module could not be found.   - C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/keyshot_sketchup_plugin.dllError Loading File keyshotExporter.rb
126: The specified module could not be found.   - C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/keyshot_sketchup_plugin.dll

chippwalters

I've confirmed there is a SU plugin file keyshotExporter.rb in my SketchUp 8 Plugins directory as well as the file keyshot_sketchup_plugin.dll.

Also, there is a folder KeyShotExporter in the same Plugins directory with the files:

keyshot_icon.png
keyshot_icon_large.png
keyShotExporter.rb
  (yes, same name but different capitalization from the one mentioned above..hmmm)

Lastly, the installer also added the file unist.exe to the KeyShot2/Plugins/SketchUp directory.

chippwalters

I guess I should also add the fact that even though I've confirmed the location of the plugins, it still doesn't load and gives the same error message as the first post in this thread.

Also, I am NOT using any other KeyShot plugins (don't know if that means anything).

guest84672

Still looking into a solution for this ...

chippwalters

Thanks a bunch. Just curious, does it work on your end? If so, are you on a 64-bit computer as I am?

chippwalters

archkuja

same here. doesn't work on my mac parallels

guest84672

@archkuja - But KeyShot is running?
@chippwalters - yes we are on a 64bit computer as well.

archkuja

yup. keyshot is running fine. The problem begins when i start sketchup. The plugin won't load. Same problem with chip, although I'm using lots of plugins.

archkuja

chippwalters

How about at least telling us if the SketchUp plugin is working at all on any platform? And if it is, what are the particulars?

guest84672

Of course it is working. I am running it on Win7 without any problems. We have a fix for it which we are currently testing.

chippwalters

chippwalters

Thanks for the update! Works like a charm :-)

guest84672