Rolex Daytona Ref 116520

Started by Chris_2000, August 16, 2018, 07:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris_2000

Hi folks

I've been using Keyshot for a while, but I've never posted anything here.
Having had some time lately, I modeled a Rolex Daytona Ref 116520 in SolidWorks and tried to get as close as possible to the original.
I have watched countless original videos and pictures of Rolex as well as the watch in real.
During rendering in Keyshot, the biggest challenges were the brushed texture of the metal and the sapphire glass.
However, in order for all reflections on the metal to appear realistic, I had to pay attention to the correct surfaces and fillets already during the modelling process.
I hope you like it.

Öner

RRIS

Top job, can't fault it really. For realism I would probably soften the softboxes a little (the really hard highlight edges on the front view of the bezel are a bit distracting), but then you see a youtube video of people making publicity shots for Rolex and they actually sharpen up everything in photoshop.. so can't fault you there :)

Eugen Fetsch

thehay95

wow, beautiful, i want this render

kiarash.tamizkar

KeyShot

Will Gibbons

Wow, this is beautiful. Excellent attention to detail. I'll say you nailed it.

Chris_2000

Hi guys

I appreciate the comments, thank you very much.
Yes, the reflections on the Bezel are rather hard, but I have seen an original picture of Rolex where it was done exactly like that. As I said, I wanted to get as close as possible.
Actually, I usually add a little depth of field, but I found that the details went away again. And also, I modeled the thing in several days, so it would have been a shame if I had modeled certain details for free :D

JimmyToTheBe

Top modelling in Solidworks. Must have taken some time to get right with the strap details. And the surfacing looks really accurate.

Chris_2000

Thanks.
Yes, modelling has actually taken at least 5-6 days. There were also some freeform surfaces. All fonts on the dial and the numbers on the bezel took about 3 days. But as it is with renderings, the more detailed the model is, the more real the image appears (mostly).

Josh3D

Welcome! The attention to detail is wonderful - this is just a fabulous rendering and complements the watch so well. Look forward to seeing more!