More control when importing other KeyShot files

Started by monson67, September 04, 2018, 07:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monson67

When importing a .bip file into another KeyShot file, I would really like an improved section in the KeyShot Import dialog that allows me to choose which assets (Model Sets, Environments, Cameras, Studios) I want to import.

There is a checkbox to determine whether or not the cameras are imported, but I feel like it's a half-baked concept. Some of my files can have a lot of assets, and importing them into other files with a lot of assets can make a mess of things in a hurry.

In other words, I would like to be able to import only the Model Sets, but not the Environments, Cameras or Studios. Or maybe just the Model Sets and Cameras. Basically, in addition to the "Import Cameras" checkbox, I would like "Import Model Sets", "Import Environments" and "Import Studios" checkboxes as well. Without that control, when importing .bip files with many Environments, Cameras and/or Studios, it can be tedious to delete them all if I have no use for them.

Really, it would be even better if KeyShot could show a list for each the Model Sets, Environments, Cameras and Studios available to import. Maybe I want to import Model Set "Default", Cameras "Closeup" and "Low Angle", but none of the Environments or Studios.

RRIS

theAVator

mattjgerard

Yeah, this would be pretty great. Often times I work with 5-6 variations of the same product, and once I get the products all done in their own model sets, I then need to pull them into an application image which is the environment. If I could just import that product project into my application project and pick which variation I wanted (along with its lighting and camera angles) that would speed my work considerably.

In this image there are about 15 products that I had to import, but that entailed going into each product project, exporting the model set I wanted then going back to this project and importing it. Seems like a small thing, but I do this day in and day out, so any efficiencies that can be realized would be appreciated.

PerFotoVDB

Hi guys,

This requests actually connect to another post I have running, a file reference system for KS, which could reference other KS files in and as soon the reference changes you would get prompted in KS if your current 'master' assembly scene should be updated to.
Add to this the option to import either, modelsets, cameras, environments, image styles, etc and you have a winner.

Cheers
Per

MMatias

I noticed that when I import .bip file into another KeyShot file in which if both files have model sets with the same name it won't import those specific model sets, so maybe an option to also be able to rename what you are importing would be nice.

Cheers,