[RESOLVED] Substance Painter 2018.2.1 <> Keyshot 7.3.40

Started by cjwidd, August 31, 2018, 02:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjwidd

Wow, the thread that you linked to, and sub-threads therein, was extremely helpful. Thank you for sharing. I feel as though some of that information (see attached) should be embedded in a context menu inside the Keyshot interface; I've been using Keyshot for almost a year and this is my first time seeing it.

I was able to replicate the mat graph based on your description (see attached), and I have to say, I'm very impressed. However, I did notice some hot spots in my render that do not appear in yours. Is your exposure set to about -.5? Also, is there a technical reason why you set the blend mask contrast to 4?

cjwidd

Also, do you know why the 0.1 stop of the color gradient node in the 'Approximate Gloss To Roughness Gradient' material is a desaturated red color?

bdesign

Quote from: cjwidd on September 03, 2018, 08:40:43 PM
Wow, the thread that you linked to, and sub-threads therein, was extremely helpful. Thank you for sharing. I feel as though some of that information (see attached) should be embedded in a context menu inside the Keyshot interface; I've been using Keyshot for almost a year and this is my first time seeing it.

I was able to replicate the mat graph based on your description (see attached), and I have to say, I'm very impressed. However, I did notice some hot spots in my render that do not appear in yours. Is your exposure set to about -.5? Also, is there a technical reason why you set the blend mask contrast to 4?

Hey Christopher-

Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad this has all been helpful. Your render looks great. Here are my Exposure/Environment settings for the last render I posted:

Image Style: Basic

•Exposure = 0EV
•Bloom: Intensity = .5, Radius = 20px, Threshold = .1

Environment:

•Brightness = .8
•Contrast = 1

There was no "technical" reason I set the Blend map Contrast to 4; it was just "eyeballing it" to get the Specular composite to match the original IRay reference image.

Quote from: cjwidd on September 03, 2018, 09:00:29 PM
Also, do you know why the 0.1 stop of the color gradient node in the 'Approximate Gloss To Roughness Gradient' material is a desaturated red color?

I'm not sure. I just took it to probably be an accidental oversight when it was created. I just put the saturation back to zero. It shouldn't really make a difference, as the Color To Number node in this case is only concerned with the Value (43%).

Cheers,
Eric