Hdr light studio connection

Started by PerB, September 04, 2018, 06:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PerB

Hi,

Does keyshot have a direct connection to hdr light studio and does it support its area light feature?
Tnx

DMerz III

I believe it used to be a plugin that connected to KS, but since Keyshot integrated its own HDRi Editor a few versions back, the plugin has lost support.

PerB

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
That was what I was expecting.

I am pretty new to ks but find the plugin not as powerful as hdr light studio. I worked 9years with this plugin and it's an invaluable tool.

Is there any thought of bringing the connection back? Especially the area lights features where you can move lights in 3d instead of only the ibl is a key missing feature.

Cheers

DMerz III

As far as I know, there is not, but I also haven't done much searching for it.

It isn't quite apples to apples, but when I am working with area lights in Keyshot, I will choose the object I am trying to light as the 'pivot' point for my area light, so when I am moving the light around, it inherently orbits the object, making it much easier to move my lights into a position that is useful (rather than moving the light around on its own pivot). It isn't flawless, I agree, it could be improved.

I doubt there will be another plugin supported in the future, but if you are looking for more functionality, Luxion does a great job of listening to suggestions for future development. I would reach out to them and let them know what you're in need of, and see what they can do to help you out.