Main Menu

Watch Design

Started by MK-ID, June 17, 2018, 11:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MK-ID

Hello everyone,
showing you a new design of mine - rendered with Keyshot 7.

The Focus for this concept is on its details. Playing with materials metal, leather and the new axalta colours.

This watch is called Valley because of its slightly inclining dial which seems to originate from a "valley" in order to create an interesting central point with depth.

Design and visualisation by Markus Kurkowski (industrial designer)

MK-ID

additional images

Will Gibbons

Hey MK-ID! Cool image. I like the model, but one thing throwing me off is the reflections. Looks like you use some metals that are perfectly polished and the HDRI is fairly blurry and the resulting reflections make the metal look like it's done in Adobe Illustrator giving it a flat look. That's fine if it's the intention, but I think it's worth trying a more traditional Jewelry shot. That said, I really like the texture on the band. I think the leather looks quite good. Hope that's helpful.

MK-ID

Quote from: Will Gibbons on June 19, 2018, 10:29:22 AM
Hey MK-ID! Cool image. I like the model, but one thing throwing me off is the reflections. Looks like you use some metals that are perfectly polished and the HDRI is fairly blurry and the resulting reflections make the metal look like it's done in Adobe Illustrator giving it a flat look. That's fine if it's the intention, but I think it's worth trying a more traditional Jewelry shot. That said, I really like the texture on the band. I think the leather looks quite good. Hope that's helpful.

Thanks a lot for your critique!

MK-ID

another colour edition

Josh3D

Indeed, this is a cool design - don't think I've seen anything like it with the 'dish' dial and the radials for the hour segments. Nicely done.

Last shot is good, but a bit blown out on that upper left side.

MK-ID

Quote from: Josh Mings on September 05, 2018, 08:08:35 AM
Indeed, this is a cool design - don't think I've seen anything like it with the 'dish' dial and the radials for the hour segments. Nicely done.

Last shot is good, but a bit blown out on that upper left side.
Thank you so much Josh! and you are right about the "blowout"

kiarash.tamizkar

hey there,not bad ( actually i don't really like the main concept its really simple ),about the leather its looks like a wood material, may be changing nm and its size and adding some little wools on the strap corners help you to gets better result,at the end change the render background and put the model in a darker environment so viewer eye will focus on the watch directly.