office layout using Toon material

Started by rfollett, October 03, 2018, 03:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfollett

new client loves the toon renders.. quick to render too...

theAVator

Very Nice! A cool way to visualize a space. Also seems super easy to put in a pop of color later on if needed.

The space itself is representative of one of my personal hells. haha! Give me cubes any day over something so open. I would be so distracted or paranoid, I'd never get any work done.

mattjgerard

Very cool look, screaming for some color lines and artsy fartsy stuff too!

In moving from my own 12x12 office to a cube farm when changing jobs, I can't imagine moving to an open working space where I'm bumping elbows with someone. I think I'd be fabbing up some foamcore walls and ceiling for myself. In the cube farm I'm in now I rarely take off my headphones as it is. I think in an open space Id need the horse blinders too.

Quote from: theAVator on October 03, 2018, 04:56:44 AM
Very Nice! A cool way to visualize a space. Also seems super easy to put in a pop of color later on if needed.

The space itself is representative of one of my personal hells. haha! Give me cubes any day over something so open. I would be so distracted or paranoid, I'd never get any work done.

Öner

sleby

I do that kind of presentations quite often too and I found out that if you add a little shadow it looks even nicer. It is more realistic but still doesn't distract the eye. Try shadow strength in material properties, something around 0.25.

RRIS

Seems annoying to have to share 2 desks with 3 people.. there will always be the unlucky one sitting at the split line.

Speedster

Neat! I use toon often for patent drawings, and successfully lobbied the Patent Office to accept them. Black line only, they don't allow color.

Shadows look good, but play with contour width for stronger definition. 

Bill G

Will Gibbons

Toon renderings are great for saving on render time too! That's nice.