Renderweekly Chellenges - Week 24 - Sake Set

Started by JimmyToTheBe, September 09, 2018, 04:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyToTheBe

If you haven't checked out the #renderweekly challenges yet then you should. This week was the collaboration between the renderweekly & @nickpbaker. He has a collection of rendered sketches which in turn has to be modelled in 3D and rendered by any means. Many of those renders coming out of keyshot.

Below is my attempt on Nick's soft cushion wedge chair. https://www.instagram.com/p/BR4RnlVjq-2/?hl=en&tagged=nickschairsketches Hope you like it.

More detailed shots coming soon. You can also check out my new instagram account here: https://www.instagram.com/thedesignformula/?hl=en

RRIS

Been wondering where these render challenges come from.. so it's an Instagram thing? Might be fun to join in.

Öner

Quote from: RRIS on September 10, 2018, 12:20:03 AM
Been wondering where these render challenges come from.. so it's an Instagram thing? Might be fun to join in.

yes,  you can join it on instagram. 

but i wonder they model sketches from zero or find the 3d models in anywhere.  which way do you use?

JimmyToTheBe

Quote from: Öner on September 10, 2018, 02:15:07 AM
Quote from: RRIS on September 10, 2018, 12:20:03 AM

yes,  you can join it on instagram. 

but i wonder they model sketches from zero or find the 3d models in anywhere.  which way do you use?

For this challenge the models are made from scratch in any software you like, based on design sketches. But there have challenges that only require you to maybe find a 3D model you wish to render. The model in this render was done in Solidworks and then I used some downloaded models just for the scene context.

JS1

thanks for the feedback guys, i've been tweaking the environment size / contrast / height, etc. and I think they're coming out a little better now, let me know what you guys think.  here's 1 for now, i'll upload more once they finish rendering out.

JimmyToTheBe

As mentioned here are some more detailed shots of the soft cushion chair. Tried to get more of the fabric detail and wood texture show up more. No photoshop for these just pure render bliss. Could still do with more work but see what you think?

Öner

Quote from: JimmyToTheBe on September 11, 2018, 06:24:36 PM
As mentioned here are some more detailed shots

wood texture is looking great and the bump on the fabric texture is great too.

JimmyToTheBe

Week 24: Sake Set

Very simple modelling on this one but wanted to experiment with some textures. The first render I've added to this weeks #renderweekly challenge is a rusty ceramic material. I think for the next version of this scene I want to go for a enamel design. For now enjoy!

JimmyToTheBe

A little update on using the Sake Set. This time in my Scandinavian Interior scene. Unfortunately I lost the original image for the outside backplate so it doesn't look like the original. But I'll have to find that another time. Even so, its a nice scene for the Sake Set. Enjoy.

Josh3D

Just absolutely LOVE the material on that Sake Set. Well done!

JimmyToTheBe

Will Gibbons

I missed it earlier, but that chair is great!