VRML Export for 3D Color Printing

Started by br3ttman, October 04, 2018, 09:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

br3ttman

I've been looking for better workflows to take my parametric CAD models, add color and textures, and then export them for 3D color printing.  Here's a GrabCAD link to a couple VRML workflows using Photoshop (color textures)  or Rhino (both color and displacement textures) to do just that:
     How to Create Incredibly Complex Textured Shapes for 3D Printing, Using Bump Mapping
https://grabcad.com/tutorials/how-to-create-incredibly-complex-textured-shapes-for-3d-printing-using-bump-mapping?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTVdaak4yTXlNV1l4WWpCaSIsInQiOiJGcjlkY0lUaUowM2JhV0ZhcmF5dGx4ajNCa0Q4cjZlQlg0TzJcL05YWHIzdWc0UHJrd3UrZ0I5MFU0R0tpWG5Qa1R0RzFlMmJmdzRvVTk0S1YxallueUNERnZNa1BMUjFFT24wY3VHMGQ1Q09PY2JJUFphSHhUQTMxMzR3YTBzTVIifQ%3D%3D

However, KeyShot is my color and texture render tool of choice, and now with all the new powerful tools in KeyShot 8: displacement maps, cut-aways, density textures, flakes, bubbles, and Open VDB . . . WOW!!!!, I think I'm just one step away from exporting this data to create absolutely crazy amazing 3D prints on a Stratasys Polyjet J750 printer, and I think that step is VRML export out of KeyShot (?)

KeyShot

Can you use FBX export and then convert that to VRML? We also support baking to the 3d printing format from 3dsystems, but that likely will not work with Stratasys.