Camera two point perspective ?

Started by kwaikeong1402, August 07, 2011, 10:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwaikeong1402

Hi...I would like to know whether keyshot have camera two point perspective setting?
For example,keyshot default setting is perspective. If I see the furniture from the top,the vertical line not straight.
How to set it become straight?

Thank you!!

Robert V.

Good news, keyshot has this!

Enable "Orthographic" in the "options>camera"-tab

kwaikeong1402

First of all, the vertical line still not straight. Is Keyshot have same function like two point perspective?

kwaikeong1402

Then even I enable the 'Orthographic' , the result of photo also not really nice.

kwaikeong1402

I using keyshot run this photo, it facing same problem also.

kwaikeong1402

This photo vertical line is straight, it using another to run.
May I know keyshot can do this setting or not?

Thank you !!

m2tts

No, I do not think Keyshot can create 2 point perspective. The view mimics a camera which is a true three point perspective. You can set it to orthographic and get an isometric if you set the camera position sliders correctly. you could get sort of close to 2 point if you make your rendering, then use the skew tool in Photoshop. The thing with Keyshot is that it's trying to create photorealistic renderings; which means 3 point perspective. 2 point perspective is artificial, but useful for certain architectural renderings. Architecture photographers use "view" cameras whose bellows can be manipulated to skew the image projected onto the film plane for this reason.

Chad Holton

Hi kwaikeong1402,

Be sure to keep the "Inclination" and "Twist" setting at 0 under the Camera tab to achieve this.

kwaikeong1402

Sorry, maybe I unable explain the actual situation to you.BTW, inside 3ds max got this setting. It can adjust the vertical line become straight.
I just want to share with others whether keyshot can adjust it or not. ???
Thanks to all....

kwaikeong1402

m2tts

That's pretty cool.

Keyshot cannot do this.

Chad Holton

You explained it just fine. Pictures are always nice too. Here's what I ended up with using KeyShot.

Chad Holton

I'd like to see your cubicle rendering (untitled-3, shown above) again with the inclination value at 0.

kwaikeong1402

cholton thank you for your response :D