Solidworks 2005

Started by Roystonllc, August 11, 2011, 11:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roystonllc

I am using Solidworks 2005 and have found I can't import its files into Keyshot.  I have to convert Solidworks files into Step or IGES first.  Any advice?  Also, when I open these files in Keyshot I get a number of what I would call "sections of spheres" surrounding and floating around the main assembly!  When I delete these parts my assembly isn't all there.  What gives?

guest84672

If you can send us a file we can take a look.

gypephyhoks

Hey,

As a student who learned Solidworks over the summer. I would encourage you to go through the solidworks tutorials for a little while, but then MOVE ON It is very easy to get caught up in every tutorial for every little tool that Solidworks offers, but you wont need to use them, especially as a novice CADer. I would reccomend learning the basic part modeling and assembly tools, and then ditch the tutorials and start modeling parts in the shop until you can actually model parts that you think up in your head. Then, if in the process of trying to model something you realize that you dont know how, look it up on Google. Everything in the local solidworks help is also on the internet just a nice tip

Hope that helps,

Patrick Barone