Veil Sculpture

Started by nachoriesco, September 18, 2018, 08:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nachoriesco

Hi! this is my first entry for the competition. I rendered an old model I sculpted long time ago based on this reference https://i.pinimg.com/736x/f5/a0/26/f5a026367ca23efa3944ffb288b2fc89--angel-sculpture-art-sculptures.jpg

For the render I used the Scattering Material on the model, two Spotlights, one with the colored window texture, other without texture, and an Area Light.

Hope you like it

nachoriesco

Rex

Love the creative use of the spotlight color texture!

nachoriesco

DriesV

Interesting use of the Scattering Medium material. :)

Dries

CarlosFerreira

Hey Nachoriesco

You use ZBrush as your modeling software correct? Do you use UVs? I'm having issues importing UVs from ZBrush into KeyShot 8. Was wondering if you've had any issues related to UV mapping from ZBrush and KeyShot 8.

LM6

Quote from: CarlosFerreira on September 19, 2018, 05:50:25 AM
Hey Nachoriesco

You use ZBrush as your modeling software correct? Do you use UVs? I'm having issues importing UVs from ZBrush into KeyShot 8. Was wondering if you've had any issues related to UV mapping from ZBrush and KeyShot 8.

Ive had a few issues with UV and .obj files in Keyshot so I started using .fbx which works perfect.

nachoriesco

Hi Carlos and LM6, I don't usualy make any UV mapping on my models for texturing, I just use it for sculpting, anyway what kind of issues are you getting?

CarlosFerreira

Hi Nachoriesco

I have KS7 models with UVs and they work fine. They are ZBrush files with UVs created in ZBrush and exported to KS7 using the bridge. The I try to open these models in KS8, the ability to choose UV as my mapping type no longer works. The texture is there but when I choose UV as my mapping option the texture disappears.

nachoriesco

Strange, did you check the Scene Units?