Cam Path animation between 2 Cam Position

Started by Mario Stockinger, April 02, 2019, 11:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario Stockinger

Is there a way to create a camera path that uses the exact cam positions you want ?

Actual i can choose the cam as start and move the view as good as possible and set a waypoint  but i cant set an exact 2nd position which i have set before with a second camera.
I want to choose cams as waypoints and the waypoint should use the exact settings  and not  different zoom or move a little bit further than it should.

I want to create a tour using different cams as waypoint markers but the problem is that the path never hits the excat 2nd. position i want.

Eugen Fetsch

Camera animation is very basic in KS. Some movements are just impossible (tilt) and path animation is a pain.
The only workaround is to animate your camera in another 3D application and import it through FBX or Alembic files. We use Blender 3D (free) and Modo, but there are many other tools on the market (C4D, Maya, 3DMax, etc). We use basic 3D shapes as dummies to represent the KS scene. If you try Blender, be aware that the FBX exporter is buggy, use Alembic instead. If you use Alembic be aware that the Alembic importer in KS is buggy for multi user installations. To make it work you would need to install KS for one local user only.
Hope that helps. 

Cheers
Eugen

Mario Stockinger

Well i guess thats way too much work for my case....i was messing around with my "helper Cams" and got the paths close enough

Eugen Fetsch