My product renderings- Juicy update p. 8

Started by puyopuyo, September 27, 2018, 08:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phos4

Ha, those cat8 cables are coming today to the office :)

Superb texturing & lighting.

Whenever I have tried to re-create LED/LCDs behind glass I felt that something is missing in my renderings.
Yours look very much spot on. Do you mind sharing on how you do this effect on the blue LCD for example?

puyopuyo

Quote from: phos4 on November 14, 2019, 12:46:48 AM
Ha, those cat8 cables are coming today to the office :)

Superb texturing & lighting.

Whenever I have tried to re-create LED/LCDs behind glass I felt that something is missing in my renderings.
Yours look very much spot on. Do you mind sharing on how you do this effect on the blue LCD for example?

Hope the cables speed up your network! :D
It´s just a basic gray glass for the cover and an emissive material with the digital numbers. I make some adjustments to the display digits texture in photoshop where I brighten the midpoint of the digit parts with a soft brush to account for the light falloff of the Led behind it.
Dof always helps with the glowiness too. It basically looks like the final image on the rendering, but sometimes I apply an after effects glow or paint over the shining elements with a soft brush.

phos4

So far we can't complain, they at least feel faster :D

Yes, the slight falloff is whats making the LED look more real, thanks for your detailed reply on how you achieve this.

puyopuyo

Hi everyone, here are some of my recent renderings- the one with the potato wedges is the first commercial one made with Keyshot 9.
I´m really impressed with the update and hope I can get into using the new fuzz and cloth materials on a project soon.
Many thanks to Will Gibbons for the amazing Material Graph Monday tutorials- I´ve learned so much from them!
Have a nice weekend! :D

KeyShot

I agree that these product images are fantastic. Great lighting and materials! How are you doing the call outs? Are you using frontplates for them or are they done entirely in a post process? Your images make me think we should make it easier to make call outs - perhaps as part of the image styles / front plates. Let me know if you have any thoughts on that?

puyopuyo

Quote from: KeyShot on November 17, 2019, 05:07:32 PM
I agree that these product images are fantastic. Great lighting and materials! How are you doing the call outs? Are you using frontplates for them or are they done entirely in a post process? Your images make me think we should make it easier to make call outs - perhaps as part of the image styles / front plates. Let me know if you have any thoughts on that?

Glad you like my images! The call outs are done in Illustrator after the post processing of the renderings. I used to do it in the beginning but now we have two graphic artists that make them. One advantage of Illustrator is that you can put all renderings in one .ai file on different artboards to make sure all graphics are coherent and form a nice series.
It could be awesome though if the call outs would be interactive and automatically track parts of the model but for our use case I think we will stay with Illustrator.

What I´m missing from frontplates though is the ability to move the frontplate around on x and y. Right now I´m using them for render/photo integration and I have to go back and forth from PS to KS to get the frontplate image to the right postion.

puyopuyo

New renderings:

puyopuyo

I experimented with RealCloth for the black and blue nylon braiding of the cables but I think there is some room for improvement on my end!

Will Gibbons

The internal bits for those cables are lovely! And nice LED execution on the device they're plugged into!

Magnus Skogsfjord

puyopuyo

Some recent work.

HermanCarlsson

NM-92

I'll never get tired of saying how cool your images look. That in-context joystick can easily pass as a photograph.

brahmzxc

Hey...awesome work..really like the blue lightning...I'm also curious to know that what software did you used for modelling that headphone?

DMerz III