Newly imported part not by default in all existing model sets

Started by RRIS, September 28, 2018, 06:49:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RRIS

I could be missing something, but it is fairly annoying that if you have a scene with many model sets and you need to import a new file, it automatically seems to be added to all existing model sets. This is especially confusing when you create your model sets to only have one specific model in it.
Could this be changed so that it only appears in the default model set? Then the user can manually copy it over to whatever model set they like.

mattjgerard

Yep. I made this request a while ago, didn't hear anything back. The one saving grace is that it only imports into models sets that are active and turned on. But still, can't think of a situation where I'd want it imported into more than one model set. Maybe an option checkbox in the import dialog.

Here's the odd thing- KS8 Beta has a drop down to control this behavior, but only goes halfway. It allows an option of either ALL models sets or ACTIVE model sets. Needs one more option of CURRENTLY SELECTED so you can highlight the model set you want it imported into, and only that one. That would be perfect. That paired with the import option of being able to select which model set from a bip file to import would be an officially Killer Feature that would be awesome. I kit bash as lot of my models together, so short of seperating 200 nuts and bolts that come in a single file into 200 different KS docs, it would be awesome to choose which nut or bolt model set to import without having to import all 200 then delete the ones I don't want.

RRIS

That would be even better, unfortunately it seems like it'll be a while before we switch over to KS8.. at least testing the beta is not an option here unfortunately.