Exploded Animation - starting with a blank canvas (all objects hidden)

Started by JasonM1972, October 11, 2018, 06:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonM1972

Hi there

I want to create an exploded animation, rather starting with a complete assembly, I would like to have the parts fade into position thereby building the assembly during the animation.

Can this be achieved with Keyshot?

Thanks & Regards

Jason

MQ

Absolutely achievable!

Here's how I adress this case on almost daily basis: First, I import the complete assembly from SolidWorks to Keyshot. Then I right-click every single part in the scene tree and select animation -> fade and go from 100% to 0%, then the part is invisible.
On standard settings, the transition from visible to invisible takes 1 second. Therefor, I start my render output at frame 61 (with 60 frames per second), so the animation begins with all the parts invisible.

If you made everything you want invisible, you can make the same transition again. Just right-click the part and select animation -> fade, but this time from 0% to 100% of course.

There is a video on YouTube on the KeyShot chanel called "KeyShot 5: Fade Animation". That's what you are looking for.

edit: I had the same question a few months ago, have a look: https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=21362.0
There is a better explanation than the one I can give to you.

JasonM1972

Eugen Fetsch

Another solution could be to create a fade out animation and reverse it in the comp ;)

INNEO_MWo

Quote from: MQ on October 11, 2018, 06:58:09 AM
Absolutely achievable!

Here's how I adress this case on almost daily basis: First, I import the complete assembly from SolidWorks to Keyshot. Then I right-click every single part in the scene tree and select animation -> fade and go from 100% to 0%, then the part is invisible.
On standard settings, the transition from visible to invisible takes 1 second. Therefor, I start my render output at frame 61 (with 60 frames per second), so the animation begins with all the parts invisible.

If you made everything you want invisible, you can make the same transition again. Just right-click the part and select animation -> fade, but this time from 0% to 100% of course.

There is a video on YouTube on the KeyShot chanel called "KeyShot 5: Fade Animation". That's what you are looking for.

edit: I had the same question a few months ago, have a look: https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=21362.0
There is a better explanation than the one I can give to you.

IMHO it is easier to create a fade animation from 0% to 0% within a short time set on the top level group. Just jump 1 frame forwards and back and you'll see all hidden. And if you want to keep one or some objects visible, set a fade animation from 100% to 100% minimum to the same time period to these objects.

That's a proven workflow!

Hope that helps

Cheers
Marco

JasonM1972