Updating Scene Moves Objects Around

Started by CodyBrown, March 19, 2019, 05:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CodyBrown

This is the 3rd time i have posted something about this and have gotten no answer so far. it doesn't matter if i import with update, push the update from NX, or push an update with manual selection from NX, when my scene finishes updating my objects in the scene are moved around, some textures get dropped, new objects aren't there and deleted objects are still there. i have tried every work around i can think of. This totally defeats the point of being able to update if i drop all my textures and new objects aren't showing up and objects that i delete are still showing up. if i make changes to my model i have to make a brand new scene and re-texture everything.this just doesn't seem right to me. why have an update feature that doesn't update properly? is anyone else experiencing this issues or have any kind of solution?

Edit: After more troubleshooting i found that if i delete my extra model sets and just have one in my scene it updates fine. i feel like this is still a major issue that really needs addressed for big scenes with multiple model sets.

Ian Reymond

Hello CodyBrown,

I see you are having issues with the NX plugin. Do you mind if I get more information about your setup?

• May I ask, which exact version of KeyShot are you running (ie: 8.0.247)? You can find this information under Help > About.... Also, which exact version of NX and the plugin do you use? Please specify version or year.
  • Also, may I ask, what are your computer specs: Manufacturer (Dell, Toshiba, HP, etc..), Operating System version, windows or mac,64 or 32 bit, RAM, Processor model and the number of cores, graphics card model?

Quote from: CodyBrown on March 19, 2019, 05:42:41 AM
This is the 3rd time i have posted something about this and have gotten no answer so far. it doesn't matter if i import with update, push the update from NX, or push an update with manual selection from NX, when my scene finishes updating my objects in the scene are moved around, some textures get dropped, new objects aren't there and deleted objects are still there. i have tried every work around i can think of. This totally defeats the point of being able to update if i drop all my textures and new objects aren't showing up and objects that i delete are still showing up. if i make changes to my model i have to make a brand new scene and re-texture everything.this just doesn't seem right to me. why have an update feature that doesn't update properly? is anyone else experiencing this issues or have any kind of solution?

Edit: After more troubleshooting i found that if i delete my extra model sets and just have one in my scene it updates fine. i feel like this is still a major issue that really needs addressed for big scenes with multiple model sets.

CodyBrown

Hi Ian,

i am using KeyShot 8.2.80
NX 12.0.0.27 with the plugin for NX 10+ downloaded this year (im not sure exactly which version)
All ran on a Lenovo machine with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 96 GB RAM, Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2102 processor, accessing 24/32 cores over network rendering, and NVIDIA Quadro P4000 graphics card.

this issue was still present for me in KeyShot 8.1 as well, i was hoping the update would have resolved the issue but it still happens in multiple models.

Ian Reymond

CodyBrown,

Thank you for that information. I will let our QA team know about this issue with the plugin so they can investigate.

In the meantime, when using the direct import, have you tried using the "Model Sets" selection dropdown in the "Import" menu? Using that dropdown you can choose which model set you would like to update.

Quote from: CodyBrown on March 19, 2019, 12:18:40 PM
Hi Ian,

i am using KeyShot 8.2.80
NX 12.0.0.27 with the plugin for NX 10+ downloaded this year (im not sure exactly which version)
All ran on a Lenovo machine with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 96 GB RAM, Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2102 processor, accessing 24/32 cores over network rendering, and NVIDIA Quadro P4000 graphics card.

this issue was still present for me in KeyShot 8.1 as well, i was hoping the update would have resolved the issue but it still happens in multiple models.

CodyBrown

Hi Ian,

i have used the  model set drop down and it still does it no matter which i pick, active model set or all model sets. still blows my pieces around. and in another scene i have there is only the one model set but it is an insanely large one and anytime i try to update it, it does the same thing and blows pieces around. this one i don't think has anything to do with model sets because i have added no new model sets, just the base one the scene starts with.

But either, way using the direct import completely defeats the purpose of why my company purchased specifically the enterprise edition so we can have NX communicate with KeyShot and update so if i make a change i don't have to spend hours re-texturing the whole model. Again. like i have already had to do multiple times just to meet deadlines last week.

Ian Reymond

CodyBrown,

Thank you for following up. I notified the QA team, and they let me know that development is currently working on fixing the bugs in the NX 11/12 plugin. Once we have a new update, it will be uploaded to the plugins page on the KeyShot website.

Quote from: CodyBrown on March 20, 2019, 12:35:03 PM
Hi Ian,

i have used the  model set drop down and it still does it no matter which i pick, active model set or all model sets. still blows my pieces around. and in another scene i have there is only the one model set but it is an insanely large one and anytime i try to update it, it does the same thing and blows pieces around. this one i don't think has anything to do with model sets because i have added no new model sets, just the base one the scene starts with.

But either, way using the direct import completely defeats the purpose of why my company purchased specifically the enterprise edition so we can have NX communicate with KeyShot and update so if i make a change i don't have to spend hours re-texturing the whole model. Again. like i have already had to do multiple times just to meet deadlines last week.

Bruno F

Since there have been no replies or updates to this post for more than two weeks, it's been locked.
You may open a new post for additional assistance.

Post closed by Luxion Support Team