Keyshot 8 is not able to save .bip files

Started by MR.R, October 22, 2018, 05:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR.R

Having problem with saving files in Keyshot 8. I can manage to save KSP packages though not able to save .BIP files. Do not know the reason for this issue, does anyone have a clue?
::)

jiyang1018

Using Solidworks plugin send to Keyshot 8, then I cannot save .bip file. I can save package, but I still cannot save .bip after I open that package.
Opening keyshot 7 files is fine, but cannot save .bip file. It prompt new version cannot be opened in keyshot 7 but then failed to save.
Import Solidworks assembly file from Keyshot 8, then I can save .bip file.
Import a keyshot 7 file into any scene, then I cannot save .bip file.
Another thing to note, if I save .bip and choose to overwrite another .bip file, it will fail to save and delete the original .bip file.
I hope this can help dev team to find the issue. Now I have to re import all my sub assembly models in keyshot 8 and re applly all materials.

Niko Planke

Edit: We have by now been able to identify the cause, please contact support@luxion.com, they will be able to provide assistance to resolve this issue.

Are you by chance using a KeyShot Floating License?
We are currently investigating similar issues. But are sadly not able to reproduce this reliably.

If you are using a Floating license Please send the Settings file from your Resource folder and the Log file from the License server.
After retrieving and sending the log files you can try to restart the  License server computer and your Workstation to get the license up and running again.

If you recall any recent changes in your Setup like software/OS updates of configuration changes please also provide that information.

Edit: Please contact support@luxion.com, they will be able to provide assistance to resolve this issue.

Eric Summers

Quote from: Niko Planke on October 23, 2018, 12:00:36 AM
We are currently investigating similar issues. But are sadly not able to reproduce this reliably.

Yikes! I was just about to ask our IT department to upgrade us to 8, but since we use a floating license server I might hold off. :-\

Is this only for newly created KeyShot 8 files, or is saving existing files problematic too?

PeterSwift

Quote from: MR.R on October 22, 2018, 05:08:07 AM
Having problem with saving files in Keyshot 8. I can manage to save KSP packages though not able to save .BIP files. Do not know the reason for this issue, does anyone have a clue?
::)

It's the same with the Fusion360 plugin.  I cant't save on our server we use.  (Using MacOS)
But if I change the location to my desktop it works, And if i close and reopen I can save where ever I want.

If I use the plugin, then it send the file to keyshot 7. If I go into preferences . Change some setting and try to save changes. it shows this popup." Could not save configuration to /Library/Application Support/Keyshot7/KS7Settings.xml  Please check permissions for writing this file"  Plus I dont get Nurbs and can't change tessalation so the files are useless, to low res.

Niko Planke

Sadly some Antivirus software falsely detects .bip files as thread to the system and prevents KeyShot from saving them.

If you run into this issue please try to:
Add an exception to your Antivirus software for .bip files
Reinstall KeyShot
For KeyShot Floating users: Restart You License Server

If the above options do not Work for You.
Please provide information regarding:

• Your Operating system
  • Your KeyShot version
  • Your License Type
  • Is KeyShot installed as "for everyone" or as "just for me"
  • Was it previously installed as "for everyone" or as "just for me"
  • Is KeyShot installed in relation to a CAD Program (Bundled)
  • Is KeyShot installed using the default install directory

Any additional information may be of value to identifying the issue.

JOFARRELL

Hi Niko,

I saw your responses on the thread topic: "Keyshot 8 is not able to save .bip files" and im experiencing the same issue.

It won't let me save out the .bip file and when I save out a package, reopening it, its saying there are no big files in it. The package size is noticeably small too when saved out. If you could please let me know how I can resolve this issue as soon as possible I'd be very grateful.

Its Keyshot 8 - Floating License

Best,
Jack

rembem

Quote from: Niko Planke on October 23, 2018, 12:00:36 AM

If you are using a Floating license Please send the Settings file from your Resource folder and the Log file from the License server.
After retrieving and sending the log files you can try to restart the  License server computer and your Workstation to get the license up and running again.

If you recall any recent changes in your Setup like software/OS updates of configuration changes please also provide that information.

You can send the files  to support@luxion.com via keyshot.wetransfer.com

Same problems here ..... and I need to work!!!!

Niko Planke

In case anyone else experiences this issue, please make sure to update to the latest KeyShot 8 (v8.2) and contact Support@luxion.com.
They will  be able to provide steps to resolve the issue.

Bruno F

Since there have been no replies or updates to this post for more than two weeks, it's been locked.
You may open a new post for additional assistance.

Post closed by Luxion Support Team