Main Menu

Color Gradient Grouping

Started by HaroldL, January 07, 2019, 09:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaroldL

When using the Color Gradient to add a Label for a colored pattern it would be nice to be able to LOCK the locations of each step and GROUP those that make up the pattern. Then use that group in another location of the model. I tried using Repeat and Scale and while that "works" it changes the size of the color bands in my pattern and I have to go back and fiddle with the location pointers to get the size and relative locations reset.In my example I want to LOCK the location/size of each Blue band and copy them to the top of the model. Like I mentioned, I can use Scale and Repeat but then there is the hassle of resetting the location pointers to get the size and spacing reset.
Also add an offset for the location pointers so the automatically offset when they are near another pointer. It is a real chore to try and select a pointer that is partially covered by another one especially when the numerical input DOES NOT UPDATE the real time view, it only updates the location pointer positions.

DMerz III

Hmm, not a terrible idea. But at that point, wouldn't you just rather create the artwork as a label in a graphic software?

mattjgerard

Quote from: DMerz III on January 08, 2019, 02:53:01 PM
Hmm, not a terrible idea. But at that point, wouldn't you just rather create the artwork as a label in a graphic software?

Which would lead to my next level of this request and be able to drop illustrator vector files live-linked into texture nodes. For labels, patterns and quick updates that would be fabulous. All my labels and graphics are illustrator or vector based art. Would be nice to be able to not have to convert to bitmapped.

DMerz III

:o Ouuu now, that's next level right there.