Main Menu

Simple ball

Started by stefan marji, October 23, 2018, 07:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stefan marji

Guess you are all familiar with effects in Keyshot 8 , but to just open Keyshot standalone and create something like this still fascinates me.
If someone could explain to me how to maintain and save effects you setup while render is processing ? I could edit gamma and other effects and save as new jpg file but final render didn't maintain those edits in original file ? Second upload is preview of original final render , first one is edited jpg saved while rendering process...

mattjgerard

If I am understanding you correctly, you want to be able to make adjustments to the image with the image styles adjustments while the image is rendering? Don't think you can do that, as when the image is set to render the final output, the settings are all locked down and saved and sent to the rendering engine as a self contained package. Once you initiate the final render output there's no changing the settings.

Rex

When rendering using Default or Background mode you have access to all the Image Style adjustments in the Render Output window. Just click on the icon in the toolbar to show.

stefan marji

Thank you mattjgerard and Rex for reply. It looks it is as mattjgerard said... It cannot be post edited and saved into raw file, only before rendering playout. (but it would be cool if you could save different versions or pause it at some point)

Rex

Quote from: stefan marji on October 24, 2018, 02:00:45 PM
It cannot be post edited and saved into raw file, only before rendering playout. (but it would be cool if you could save different versions or pause it at some point)

Yes it can as long as the Render Output window is still open. Unless I am completely misunderstanding your question? Maybe you can rephrase the original question to be more clear?

Thanks

stefan marji

Hey Rex ,maybe I got something wrong. Question is if you for example set up render to save as PSD or TIFF, you could save JPG with edits , but not as PSD or TIFF ?
Am I right ? ( or there is a chance to save edit as PSD also ?

Rex

Ah yes, thanks for clarifying, you are correct. You can only save edits from the render output dialog as a jpg or png.