Renderweekly Challenge #30 - Braun Radio

Started by JimmyToTheBe, October 25, 2018, 01:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyToTheBe

'Week 30: Design and render a product based on Dieter Rams' aesthetic style.'

Well I went straight in on this one with an actual Braun product. The SR20 Radio. I had rendered this before but wanted to revisit and play with some new scenes.

Check out the posts on instagram - @thedesignformula

JoshASharp

Fantastic renders, especially the one when theres a slight gap between ply and metal front and the dialer for frequency is beautiful. How did u get such a realistic looking powder coated finish?

Will Gibbons

Some great details here. Only thing that catches my eye is that the knobs look to have occlusion shading around them... maybe I'm wrong? Just seems to distract from the realism of the rest of it. Overall though, lovely set of images.

JimmyToTheBe

Quote from: JoshASharp on October 25, 2018, 04:53:39 AM
Fantastic renders, especially the one when theres a slight gap between ply and metal front and the dialer for frequency is beautiful. How did u get such a realistic looking powder coated finish?

Thanks Josh. The powder coating took a little adjusting but I used the metallic paint material and toned down the white by adding a  slight occlusion level.
Quote from: Will Gibbons on October 25, 2018, 07:50:00 AM
Some great details here. Only thing that catches my eye is that the knobs look to have occlusion shading around them... maybe I'm wrong? Just seems to distract from the realism of the rest of it. Overall though, lovely set of images.

Which is why..yes Will I have a slight shade area around the buttons. I think you picked this up before when I posted this image but since then I reduced it down to like a 2mm falloff. But Thanks again Will for your input, always a pleasure.