Saving KS8 Package doesn't save model position...

Started by DEJ_Design, October 27, 2018, 03:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEJ_Design

I'm having an issue in Keyshot 8 for MacOS (V10.14) where saving a .ksp fails to save the model(s) position. When I reopen the .ksp, all the saved cameras are wrong and it's clear from the geometry view that Keyshot has reset the model position right smack in the middle of the ground plane instead of above it where I saved the package. Anyone else having this issue?

Rex

So it's the model position that's changed, not the cameras.

Have you done any regrouping in the scene tree or used the geometry editor?

Can you contact support@luxion.com with the scene and description of the problem?

DEJ_Design

I created a few model sets and also used the geometry editor to split some faces out. I'm not sure why this is happening, but I re-imported the model/parts and did all the positioning above the ground plane before creating the model sets and using the geometry to create some new faces. I saved and it looks like the model is keeping its position above the ground plane. If I can re-create the problem with models that aren't sensitive, I'll provide the package to Keyshot for troubleshooting.

Rex

Ok. When using the geometry editor the bounding box can be recalculated and may have caused the shift.