Main Menu

Chichoni Tribute

Started by nachoriesco, October 31, 2018, 10:20:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nachoriesco

Hi all! This is a tribute of one of my favourites illustrators, Oscar Chichoni. I started this project as sculpting practice choosing the angel as reference from one o his illustrations ( https://i.postimg.cc/S.../b8608ea1579dcb2eb3824bd7d37cb7a7.jpg ) and finall decided to sculpt the whole scene even with the chalenge of imitate his amazing metal textures.

And this is what came out, I'm happy with the overall finishing, haven'ttried to make an exact repilca of the original image so there could be mny things to mprove and fix but I've ejoyed a lot sculpting and rendering tha was the original idea :)

Base rendering was made with Keyshot, I didn't use any UV mapping, all materials wer tweaked using the material graph using many textures, materials and labels and exporting different render passes. The final image was composed in Ps adding some effects as smoke and lights, and the necessary color tweaks and shadows/lights balancing.

Here you can see more images:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/rRRo2J

Hope youlike it!

nachoriesco

Pack of materials that I configured for the different scene elements

nachoriesco

New closeup render

Pouya Hosseinzadeh

You've got some interesting work there, Nacho! That last shot's looking great! Well done!

nachoriesco

Quote from: PouyaHosseinzadeh on November 05, 2018, 11:46:56 AM
You've got some interesting work there, Nacho! That last shot's looking great! Well done!
Thanks you! glad you like it  :) ;)

nachoriesco

KeyShot

Some sweet materials and details on the model. Did you use displacement mapping on any of the elements?

nachoriesco

Thanks! Nop,I didn't use any displacement , all is real sculpting and Surface Noise from Zbrush

Josh3D

Wonderful details Nacho. Those materials! Yum :)

Will Gibbons

Looks like lots of work went into this. Nice job!

nachoriesco

Thanks Josh! Has been very challenging
Thans Will! I made lots of test till I was happy with the results trying to get the feeling of the orginal illustration