Main Menu

HDRI Problem!

Started by JoshASharp, November 06, 2018, 03:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoshASharp

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to re-do some catalogue renders, however regardless of the HDRI I use I always get this big bright spot, it changes position as I move around the model which leads me to believe it's something to do with the camera maybe? Attached is a photo of the issue.

Thanks,

Josh

INNEO_MWo

As far as I can notice, there could be several things done.
- update to the latest version of KeyShot 6(.3.36)
- create a new HDRI with a pure white background as "all white" do.
- replace confidential geometry with a simple one (cube) and apply the same material.
- share the scene, that we can help.

I guess it depends on the size of the environment, which seems to be way to big as it needs to be.

Hope we'll found the solution.

Cheers
Marco

KeyShot

Can you share the model, so we can see the issue?

JoshASharp

Yeah I can, I've tried saving a ksp package file but it wont let me upload it as I think it may be too large - around 30mb? Any advice?

INNEO_MWo

Quote from: JoshASharp on November 08, 2018, 09:21:59 AM
Yeah I can, I've tried saving a ksp package file but it wont let me upload it as I think it may be too large - around 30mb? Any advice?

Reduce the geometry and the resolution of the hdz file

bdesign

Hi Josh-

Is there by chance also a plane in your scene with an Area Light Diffuse material applied, with "Visible in Reflections" enabled?

Cheers,
Eric

Will Gibbons

Quote from: JoshASharp on November 08, 2018, 09:21:59 AM

You can upload to wetransfer, and paste a link here to download if you wish. Size won't be an issue.

JoshASharp

Sorted it out now! It was an emissive plane that I hadn't turned off hah, although I will upload the scene I was doing to wetransfer to get some feedback off everyone