Keyshot crashes when saving

Started by BachManiac, July 26, 2011, 10:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BachManiac

Hi!

Since I changed some folders in settings Keyshot crashes sometimes, when I save a session. It always occurs, when I have worked a longer time, so it's getting frustrating. So I have to save every 30 seconds to prevent data losses.

Can it be, that KS crashes, because there are wrong slashes in the path settings?

On default there are backslashes (the upper 3), but the pathes I set (the lower 3) Keyshot took slashes instead of backslashes.

KS ver. 2.3.2

elliasp

Keyshot crashes when I save too (sometimes). I'm on MacOSX 10.6.8...

Most of the time, I put the realtime render "paused" to be sure it will not shut down when I'm saving.  Hope it will help you  :)

JeffM

To nail down if the issue is coming from the slashes, go into your KeyShot Resources folder and find the "keyshot.xml" file. Open this in a text editor, and at the top you'll see these same folder's paths. Try manually correcting the slashes and let's see if it still crashes.

feher

Do what Jeff suggest first.
If your still having crash issue. It might be becasue you've open Keyshot, worked alittle on a project, then open a new project without closing Keyshot. If you do that I found sometimes it will crash when you try to save. Which is always after you spent some time working on your new project...lol
What I do is start Keyshot fresh everytime I open a file or start a new project. Basically if I'm in Keyshot and want to open a new project I will close Keyshot then relaunch it for a new project.
I hope I explained that good enough.
Haven't crashed since I've started doing that.
Tim

BachManiac

both of you are right!

since I changed the slashes in the xml-file, keyshot crashes much rarely - only when I opened a second file without closing keyshot.

with this way (changing the slashes and closing keyshot after any session) it doesn't crash anymore!

thanks!