Animation Query (Beginner)

Started by JasonM1972, November 08, 2018, 08:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonM1972

Hello  :)

Currently busy creating an animation for a work presentation but something has gone weird.
I have added a few cameras and camera animations but for some reason when I drag the slider along the timeline everything is fine, but when I hit play the animation doesn't showing the details for the camera animations.

Not sure if I'm being a noob, one assumes that these can be added to an animation, or am I wrong?

Thanks & Regards

Jason

Eric Summers

Hi Jason,

If you render the animation, does it render the camera animations? Could it be a locked start camera? It's strange that you can scrub the timeline but it doesn't play correctly. I don't do animations much so hopefully someone with more experience will jump in.

JasonM1972

Hi Eric

I'm still building the animation so haven't begun the rendering process yet.

Hopefully tomorrow if I can get this issue sorted :)

J

theAVator

Is it a pretty intense model at all? I run into issues with my models where they are usually so heavy that the preview doesn't actually work because of how much processing it has to do and over the course of a 2-3 minute animation I might actually get to preview 3-4 frames. If your animation is running smoothly otherwise, then probably not the case.

Did you create the whole timeline of part animations, and then go back through and add the cameras and camera animations after?

In Preferences under Advanced there is a setting for "Respect Animation Ordering", do you have that checked or unchecked? Not sure if it has any bearing, but might help the support guys figure it out or at least rule it out.

To preview it, are you just using the Play/pause button above the timeline, or the actual Preview button all the way to the right of those buttons? Idk, can a Luxion person maybe say if those behave differently?? I know I have other software that acts differently when previewing versus debugging versus running the published file, mostly in what code it's able to run without being published - maybe this acts in a similar fashion??

Sorry I don't have a solution, just throwing out ideas and seeing if something rings a bell to anyone.

JasonM1972

Quote from: theAVator on November 08, 2018, 02:12:38 PM
Is it a pretty intense model at all? I run into issues with my models where they are usually so heavy that the preview doesn't actually work because of how much processing it has to do and over the course of a 2-3 minute animation I might actually get to preview 3-4 frames. If your animation is running smoothly otherwise, then probably not the case.

Did you create the whole timeline of part animations, and then go back through and add the cameras and camera animations after?

In Preferences under Advanced there is a setting for "Respect Animation Ordering", do you have that checked or unchecked? Not sure if it has any bearing, but might help the support guys figure it out or at least rule it out.

To preview it, are you just using the Play/pause button above the timeline, or the actual Preview button all the way to the right of those buttons? Idk, can a Luxion person maybe say if those behave differently?? I know I have other software that acts differently when previewing versus debugging versus running the published file, mostly in what code it's able to run without being published - maybe this acts in a similar fashion??

Sorry I don't have a solution, just throwing out ideas and seeing if something rings a bell to anyone.

Hello Again

Been busy working on another animation, now back to this one. I checked all your suggestions and didn't make any difference, I added a camera switch event to the timeline and it now seems to be working. I had the respect animation order tick box ticked and unticked but didn't make any difference at this point. All seems to be good with it now. Still find it weird how would work okay by manually dragging the timeline but when playing the animation it wouldn't.

Every day is a school Day :)

Will Gibbons

I didn't see this earlier, but yeah, with camera or studio switch events, things get odd. Depending on which camera is active and where switch events occur, you will see different results in the timeline.