Refresh / update model data

Started by David, April 14, 2010, 03:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

When the source model is updated in Showcase you get the option to update the cad data without loosing your material selections.
Could be a great time saving feature for large models.

It would be very useful to retain the materials used in the active Bip.
Sometimes a couple of the materials stick around when the updated model is imported but i find its a bit hit or miss.

Matachana

I agree, designspace do that and it is great.

Jared

Excellent, 
I agree.  I am often still changing the model and it would be nice to update and save the scene and materials.

carterhickmandesigns

Yes, please add an update Geometry button.  The other "BETA" had that and it was a VERY HANDY feature that really streamlined the workflow.  The update needs to retain all material settings and model placements.   Hopefully this will make its way into 2.1

Carter

guest84672

It is already implemented. Upon import, please select "Retain Materials". With version 2 this has been much refined.

carterhickmandesigns

yes it does keep the materials but in my test it does not retain the model transform information even if the "same coordinates as previous object" is checked.  Yes I can write all the tranform info down and then re apply but it becomes kind of a pain as I am designing and rendring.  Just my thoughts, I know you guys are on the ball so I am not worried.