Revisited a scene using Keyshot 8

Started by jet1990, November 14, 2018, 03:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jet1990

Hi all,

Just got round to downloading the trial version of keyshot 8 having come from using keyshot 6. I'm blown away by the advancements so far so i thought id add a comparison picture of the same image but with some changes in. Image on the bottom has an image style applied to it as well as using the scattering medium to create a "god ray" both images are 750 samples.

thanks

Josh3D

Rex

DriesV

Great to see how the Photographic Image Style is doing its work here. :)

Dries

jordantheperson

I just posted this issue in the troubleshooting forum but are you happy with the blotchiness in the ceiling and walls? These are supposed to be smooth flat surfaces, correct?

The "god rays" you have are a bit extreme and make it look like the room has smoke in it. Otherwise, really nice image.

TGS808

Quote from: jordantheperson on November 15, 2018, 09:48:32 AM
The "god rays" you have are a bit extreme and make it look like the room has smoke in it.

Disagree.

jet1990

thanks for the feedback guys! I agree the walls and ceilings are a little blotchy. I can think of a way to rectify that. They are a diffuse material with a slight bump added to them. Maybe allowing the render to bake more would rectify this?

Will Gibbons

Yeah! Sweet to see a side-by-side comparison. The areas that were previously blown out look so much nicer!