Labels on a bottle—one problem after another

Started by jackmarison93, November 19, 2018, 12:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackmarison93

I have a frosted glass cylinder bottle onto which I'm trying to apply a label.

If I use normal projection, the label will appear cut off. To fix this, I have to increase the depth to about 2.5. However, in increasing the depth so much, I create a shadow on the bottle which is unacceptable.

If I use planar-x, the label will appear properly. However, the label will also appear on the opposite side of the bottle and result in a pronounced shadow on the glass. Also unacceptable.

If I use the "edit geometry" function and split the surface off, I can get the label to apply properly without shadow problems. HOWEVER, the color of the glass/liquid changes. It's not terrible, but it is different than how I would like it to be.

Given all of the above, is there:

1 - a way to get the label to sit on the glass bottle without being cut off, casting a shadow or repeating itself?

2 - if the answer to the above is "no"... is there a way to split the surface off without changing the color of the glass and liquid?

DriesV

Hi Jack,

What kind of geometry are you working with? Is the bottle a revolved shape, or does it have a flat face? I.e. Is the Label supposed to wrap around the geometry, or does it sit flat?

Dries

INNEO_MWo

Hey Jack.

Do you tried to uncheck "both sides" option of the label that appeared on the backside?

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Marco